Monday, October 09, 2006

Mother's Prayer Request

Hello there!
Just thought I'd share a prayer request. Have just been struck at how it is such a joy to be mothering Ethan, to be his interpreter of his world and to care and provide for him. Today, Denesh and I were remarking at how Ethan has so easily picked up his affinity for Thomas the Tank Engine (a cartoon, toy), and we started talking about how to help him think and want to know God.

Tonight, as I put Ethan to bed and sang him his usual lulaby 'Jesus loves you', he started asking me 'why'. He has been asking 'why' lots. But never about his lulaby and never so constantly. Was a little lost for words at how to explain to him why Jesus loves him in a concise way. Told him it's because Jesus made him, Jesus died on the cross for him. He went on to ask if Jesus loved the animals like the giraffe and elephant too (as he knows Jesus made them). Isn't it lovely how his mind makes those connections.

So my request? Please pray that I'll be able to explain to him our Lord and God more. That God will use this great opportunity of curiousity from my child to spur me on to guide him in God's ways, to grow in them myself and that God's spirit will be our teacher.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gigaloop said...

It's so great that he understands so much now! Will be praying for you guys as you begin to share with him God's immense love for him.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to read your updates! Take care, regards to you all! :)

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Denesh and Deborah! *smile*

Ethan's so cute!!! I've read all the updates on your blog, and am happy that you two are enjoying life in Sydney very much. The Lord is moving mightily in the lives of His people!

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch. Denesh, you'll be glad to know that the "pray" newsletter is still alive and kicking, except that it's now a once-a-month newsletter that I put out to the "pray" list of people.

May your family grow wonderfully in the ways of the Lord, and may you three delight in the Lord and seek Him first before all else.

Philippians 3:7-11

Keep the fire burning!

I'll look in on your blog once in a while. Till then, keep safe! *smile*

Li Li

7:07 AM  
Blogger shadow said...

Hiya, have added you to a list of ARPC bloggers. Let me know if you want out ok? Cheers.

4:07 AM  
Blogger elliot said...

Hey guys! My first time checkin out your blog, just wanted to say hey, and many thanks for taking care of Sarah, she is so grateful for you guys.

Lovely to read about Ethan's growth - and very encouraging to see the love you have for each other and the desire to impart the Gospel to him as he grows. Keep in touch!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home